What's your favourite email program?

What's your favourite email program?

Sun, 2007-01-28 12:26 -- admin
13% (63 votes)
Total votes: 486

Comments

Gmail! =D

AnalogJim's picture
Submitted by AnalogJim on

PocoMail 4. I like it because I can sent out newsletters to a large mailing list as individual Emails. BCC would work in other Email clients, but I can also individualize each Email if I wish using templates.
Jim

leonpmu's picture
Submitted by leonpmu on

I know that you listed kmail, but I use it as part of kontact, so it is part of the suite, which gives me more than evolution.

I offer Thunderbird with lightining to my windows based clients, as Kontact is not available to them.

jlowe's picture
Submitted by jlowe on

I have used the light version of Eudora, and now the sponsored version, for years and years. Eudora will soon drop its paid mode because it is moving to open source.

Thunderbird

(I can't vote)

I am a mutt user, but if I used a GUI mail client, it definitly would be kmail

What about seamonkey and claws-mail?

Raghu Kodali's picture

I use thunderbird because evolution is too Outlookish. I am not sure why we need to copy Look & Feel of M$ products.

BTW: How do I bottom post in Evolution?

Raghu
www.raghukodali.com

sylpheed

themacmeister's picture

I like Sylpheed-Claws. My second choice is of course Thunderbird (if only Thunderbird and Firefox could PRINT PROPERLY!!!)

I use mutt and kmail depending on whether I'm running X or curses

Hello,

Goodness me... nobody uses Pine anymore...?!?
Oh well, never mind! I wouldn't have thought that was the case.
I guess the word has moved on...

Merc.

May sound stupid,
but having SquirrelMail on my home server
realy made my live simple and save

Access anywhere, through any browser, and keep all your settings and filters? It has to be a winner :)

tinker's picture
Submitted by tinker on

While I voted for Kmail as it is what I currently use I am considering switching to something else, not sure if it will be Evolution, Thunderbird or build my own LAMP based system - guess that would be tinkermail then :D

Evolution, helps me keep my Calender and tasks to.
Would not know if it looks like Outlook because I don't use it.

Outlook Express. It does more than any 'nix version or thunderbird. Also it combines with a newsreader which I like - mozilla never got this right.

Is the poll closed? I don't see any place where to vote. Thanks.

bong's picture
Submitted by bong on

Firefox running Gmail is my choice. I haven't tried many desktop clients (only Thunderbird once) and they would probably work more fluently in some areas, however Gmail has a lot that email clients couldn't offer. Running it on 2 PC's and 3 OS's Gmail is always the same on all of them.

I hope I will find a client that will support server side organization of my messages (labels, stars etc. on Gmail) and will feature what I miss now -- good (kde) desktop integration and ideally interaction with something like Google Talk as well.

...when it was the only one I found that reliably synchronised calendar, contacts and tasks with my old PalmPilot PDA. Right now others do this as well. But while the Thunderbird project has my big sympathy for being the most well-known free software mail client, I'll neither use nor advocate it as long as the Mozilla Corporation has this ghastly attitude of judging theoretical security attacks to be more important than users losing their mails for more than one month. See

terra453's picture
Submitted by terra453 on

I've used most of the others at one time or another, but I'm happiest with this one at the moment

By far I use Gmail+Opera Browser Email (not Opera mail!)

yale2011's picture
Submitted by yale2011 on

I know this sounds lame, but I use Opera's built in mail client.

----------------------
Vote Leonard Bernstein for President
BernsteinForPresident

Sylpheed Claws also dropped windows support for a while and I switched to Thunderbird. I just took a peek; and claws does have a binary for Windows. Damn, I missed claws.

thunderbird

darthsabbath's picture

Wow... no Pine love. :'( I've always loved Pine's interface, and if I were to switch from Gmail back to an email client, I'd go back to Pine in a heartbeat.

Heathens. :-)

twoolley's picture
Submitted by twoolley on

I've used Opera web browser for years and Opera mail for a couple of years. I think more people should give them a try.

Phil Thane's picture
Submitted by Phil Thane on

Kmail. I prefer KDE to Gnome particularly because everything is so well integrated. I use Kontact for work: Calendar, Contacts, Email and RSS all in one package. Works well with Konqueror for web-browsing.

Regards
Phil Thane

coolowl2006's picture

Apple Mail since I'm still using OS X - one day, Linux but today Apple.

E

TomSr's picture
Submitted by TomSr on

I use Thunderbird for my desktop email application, although I do find myself using Gmail more often.

It's free as in beer ... but such beer!

Oh -- and on Linux, Evolution.

And when I'm travelling, Squirrelmail.

Moparx's picture
Submitted by Moparx on

I personally use Mutt-ng and I don't think I'll ever use anything else.

Linux: The choice of a GNU generation.
Linuxinfusion.com

jzarecta's picture
Submitted by jzarecta on

These are the clients I mostly use. Since I am an opera user for a long time, it just make sense to use this mail client. I like that is really fast since it uses SQLite as the engine.

Alexandro Colorado

seaeagle's picture
Submitted by seaeagle on

I changed from Thunderbird to Kmail a couple of months ago. Although it's not as friendly as Thunderbird when it comes to html formatting outgoing messages, it has several other advantages for me. The main one is that it is integrated into the Kontact suite. It's nice having my email (Kontact), usenet (Knode), RSS feeds (Akregator), calendar & alarms, address book, to-do's & several other modules all contained in the one program.

I also like the way it auto-detects & integrates Spamassassin, Bogofilter & Clam-AV.

PipFree's picture
Submitted by PipFree on

At home: Eudora, at work:Gmail or webmail ... :)
Family pc's:Thunderbird x 3 Eudora x 2
based on access, time, suitability, toolset, functionality, purpose, audience... etc
flexibility and choice

Arno Lutz's picture
Submitted by Arno Lutz (not verified) on

indeed i use claws-mail in Linux and XP.
Test many clients, in both OS must work.
If only for Linux best is kmail, for XP TheBat.
There are not many clients work in both OS so claws-mail is handy, lightweight and fast and handle IMAP.