A transcript is now online of: RMS’s April 1st GPLv3 talk. Audio and video recordings will be online later today. Topics covered in the talk include:
- What is free software?
- The GNU project
- Free software licences
- Tivoisation—the limits in draft 3
- Deflating the EUCD and DMCA
- Novell, Microsoft, and patents
- Formalising added permissions
- Patent retaliation and the Apache licence
- The bracketed, dated clause
After the talk, despite being very tired, Richard also gave time for an interview, which is online now which covers GPLv3 and more general topics.