Okay so our new forums are going well so far, but we decided we needed a forum dedicated to asking all those difficult questions. You know, the ones everyone has an opinion on. So here it is The big free software questions. Here's a list of the topics up for debate so far:
- Is this much choice really a good thing?
- Emulating proprietary software - should we do it?
- "Free software", "open source", "FOSS", or other?
- Non-free repositories: should they be allowed?
- Should philosophy and ethics be kept out of software?
- Non-free drivers - good or bad?
- GNU/Linux or just Linux?
Okay so let us know what you think about these topics and, if you think of another topic that you think should be discussed, post a comment here.