Full Circle Podcast Episode 39, Oggcamp Review
Our live episode recorded at Oggcamp on Sunday the 20th October in which the guys look back over the history of the event in this it’s fifth anniversaryFile Sizes:
- OGG 24.1Mb
- MP3 37.7Mb
Running Time: 39mins 13seconds
Feeds for both MP3 and OGG:
RSS feed, MP3: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
RSS feed, OGG: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed/atom
The podcast is in MP3 and OGG formats. You can either play the podcast in-browser if you have Flash and/or Java, or you can download the podcast with the link underneath the player. Show notes after the jump.
- Freaky Clown (twitter @__Freakyclown__)
- Les Pounder (blog at http://bigl.es twitter @biglesp)
- Olly Clark (Google + http://plus.google.com/103073417601965434371/ twitter @ollyclarkdotorg)
- Tony Hughes (Google + http://plus.google.com/101988366830118285114/ twitter @TonyH1212)
00:56 | WELCOME and INTRO:
Before we continue a word of warning regarding the audio quality with this, due to problems with room scheduling and other event organisation challenges we didn’t get enough time in the room before the recording to do a thorough sound check before the start of the recording. As such in places the audio quality is bit poor, we apologise and thank you for your understanding and support.
01:30 | A Brief History of Oggcamp
- More information about previous Oggcamps and the events history can be found here http://oggcamp.org/history/
- Some videos from previous events can be found on the events Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/oggcamptv/videos
- Photos from all of the Oggcamps can be found in the Oggcamp Flickr group here http://www.flickr.com/groups/1233048@N24/
04:30 | REFLECTIONS
- Olly – His first experience of this type of event was http://www.lugradio.org/live/2007/index.php/Main_Page LRL was a landmark event for the UK Linux Community at that point as there hadn’t been anything quite like it before, most Linux events up to that point were aimed at the corporate market. His first Oggcamp experience was in 2012 due to various factors.
- Freaky - He thinks http://lanyrd.com/2011/oggcamp/ was a great event as he thinks there aren’t enough events of this kind held in the South of England
- Tony - First experience was Les bringing him back an Oggcamp 10 mug , the first event he attended was also Oggcamp 11 in Farnham were he was responsible for peddling the Merch.
11:40 | We Need Your Help!!
We aren’t completely happy with the format of the show and are still looking to make a few changes in future episodes to try and improve the show, if you have any ideas for segments and/or content for the show please get in touch using the feedback details at the bottom of the page, also if there’s anything you don’t like that we are doing at the moment please let us know.
27:30 | The Audience’s Best Bits Of The Event
The Audience discuss some of their best moments from the two days and also discuss some ideas to make event better, particularly from the newcomers perspective.
37:40 | OUTRO AND WRAP
Comments: on this page, using the comment form, OR;
Send us a comment to firstname.lastname@example.org
tweet us @FullCirclePod or by using the hashtag #FullCirclePodcast
You can also send us a comment by recording an audio clip of no more than 30 seconds and sending it to the same address. Comments and audio may be edited for length. Please remember this is a family-friendly show.
Please note: this podcast is provided with absolutely no warranty whatsoever; neither the producers nor Full Circle Magazine accept any responsibility or liability for content or interaction which readers and listeners may enter into using external links gleaned from this web-site, forum or podcast series.
Creative Commons Music Tracks
Opening: ‘Achilles’ by Kevin Macleod
Main Theme: ‘Revolve’ by His Boy Elroy